Broadleaf Ugu Seedling (Telfafia occidentalis) is also known as fluted gourd, fluted pumpkin, Ugu, Ikong-ubong. They belong to the Cucurbitaceae family and originated from West Africa. The Broad leaves Ugu seedling is a perennial climber and grown for its leaves and seeds. They are very nutritious and medicinal.
Features of Broad Leave Ugu Seedling
- Produces dark green edible leaves.
- It is a leafy vegetable that has edible seeds.
- Broad-leaved Ugu is drought tolerant, dioecious and a perennial climber.
- They develop tendrils that creep and spread on the ground surface.
- Broad leaves Ugu seedling grow best on Sandy-loamy soils and more appropriately on beds supplied with organic or inorganic fertilizer.
- The Broad leaves Ugu is a culinary used for making soups, stews, Vegetables, Sauces and even used medicinally.
- They germinate 10 days after planting and can start to be consumed at 4 weeks.
- The leaves of Ugu is highly rich in Iron. They reduce blood sugar levels in the body.
- Ugu is Rich in oil which are recommended antioxidants.
- The leaves of Ugu can be blended and used as blood tonic because of their high protein content.
- The shoot and leaves of the Broad leaves Ugu can be consumed as Vegetables, used to make soups.
- Ugu may be used to treat attacks of convulsion, malaria and anaemia.
Place your order for our broadleaf Ugu Seedling today, we deliver nationwide.