Chickens perform better when they have uninterrupted access to fresh water. That is what the Automatic Drinker for floor-reared chickens will help you achieve.
- The automatic drinker is made from a rugged plastic made to stand the test of time in spite very active activity from chickens.
- It is easily adjustable to meet the needs of growing chickens. It helps you ensure a constant water level and a dry floor on your farm.
- Once a bird drinks as little as 10 grams (0.3 oz.) of water, this highly sensitive and maintenance-free system is activated.
- Approximately 10 to 12 of the drinkers are needed to serve 1000 adult chickens. In hot climates, experience shows that you might need 12 to 14 drinkers for 1000 chickens.
- Adjust drinkers to the proper drinking height, always keeping the drinker lip a little higher than the bird’s back. The water pressure can be regulated with the pressure regulator.
- Check water pressure level if the litter around the bell drinker becomes wet. It might be that the water pressure is too high. This is adjustable.
- Keep drinkers high enough – ensure the lip of the drinker is slightly higher than the back of the chickens – on the average.