Ear tag for small ruminants is recommended to manage livestock identification. Although use of blank ear tags and marking pens offer maximum flexibility in numbering cattle, ink fades over time and makes it hard to read tags in the pasture/field. Thus, laser engraved pre-numbered tags ensure long-term readability and offer ease of identification of inked numbers.
Ear tags are indicated for the following:
- To enable farmers to have visual identification of livestock (thus helps monitor their movement, health, and reproduction).
- To help control breeding, epidemics, quarantine etc.
- For ease of record keeping (field information) and management of livestock.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR LASER COLORED EAR TAGS
- Manufacturer/Country of Origin: Hebei Aien/China.
- Numbering: Laser printed three digit numbering on a row (001 to 100) for easy inventory taking. Numeric code height ranges from 16mm to 32 mm.
- Superior readability: Tag panels enable easy visibility, numbers are also easier to read due to dark and visible laser numeric codes against colorful contrasting panels.
- Non-fade numbers: Exclusive laser printing guarantees the numbers: cannot fade, are heat and ultraviolet ray (UV) resistant and do not react to changes in temperature and humidity. Thus the ear tags last longer.
- Tamper-proof one-piece design: Coupled tags will not reopen, snag or break when subjected to moderate force. Tags do not melt in field temperature conditions.
- Colour: Lemon yellow and other colors are available:
- For easy identification on the ear of animals.
- Material: Durable and high-grade thermoplastic polyurethane material | Anti-yellowing/coloring properties.
- Packaging: Our tags are packed in good quality polyethylene bags containing 100 pieces of ear tags.
- Coated metal tip on male: Self-piercing rust proof tip which ensures clean and precise incision on the ear. Tags are water resistant, thus easy to disinfect before application.
- Compatibility: Tag units are compatible with professional/recommended ear tag applicators for small and large livestock.
- Adaptability: Longer male stem helps with higher placement in the ear-numbered animal ear tags with male discs.
- Male (button elongated disc with metal point at one end): Diameter = 28mm, Height = 20mm
- Female (flag shaped tag): Length = 48mm, Width = 40mm.
- When applying ear tags to your livestock, pay attention to the positioning of the ear tag as well as its direction, considering which part faces the animal.
- Also, ensure proper disinfection procedure is adhered to.