Vitranor-Eggmax is a water-soluble formulation of essential vitamins for use as a supplement to other feeding stuff.
- It is important for use in chickens to meet the birds’ vitamin requirements.
- It is also indicated as an amino acid source for increasing egg production in pullets and layers under stress (e.g. following vaccination).
- It can also be used by apparently healthy laying chickens, breeding flocks, and old hens approaching the end of their laying cycle.
- Atlas Egg Boost is formulated to support the optimum level of bird health while boosting the nutritional quality of eggs with an enhanced amount of required nutrients.
Information to farmers
- Livestock farmers handling drugs must be cautious about the drugs and commit to their judicious management, use, and administration.
- In addition to this, farmers should promote routine health programs that prevent disease.
- The farm management systems, biosecurity, vaccination programs, nutrition, and hygiene should be strengthened.
- The withdrawal periods of each drug should be strictly followed.
Importance of vitamins in poultry production
- Vitamins are a group of organic compounds that poultry only require in small quantities, but they are essential for normal body functions, growth, and reproduction
- A deficiency of one or more vitamins can lead to a number of diseases or syndromes.
- Vitamin C supplementation is useful when birds are under stress.
- Vitamin A is required for normal growth, reproduction, and maintenance of epithelial cells in good condition (skin and the linings of the digestive, reproductive, and respiratory tracts).
- The deficiency of vitamin A causes nutritional roup, characterized by conjunctivitis, oculo-nasal discharge, and eyelids stuck together with thick exudates.
- Vitamin D3 is required for proper absorption and utilization of calcium and phosphorous, which are required for normal growth, bone development, and eggshell formation.
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant and is important for normal neurological functions.
- Vitamin K is essential for the synthesis of prothrombin, thus it plays an important role in clotting mechanisms and also has a protective effect against coccidiosis.
- The B vitamins include vitamin thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, biotin, folic acid, and cyanocobalamin. The B vitamins are involved in many metabolic functions, including energy metabolism. A vitamin premix is typically used to compensate for the fluctuating levels of vitamins found naturally in food and to assure adequate levels of all vitamins.