Amprolium WSP is a condensed powder of Amprolium HCl, water-soluble for use in drinking water in chickens, cows, lambs, young goats, cattle, and sheep. It is used as a preventive or therapeutic agent against Eimeria infections in poultry, in particular E. tenella, necatrix, and acervulin.
- It is decisive against other protozoan infections such as Histomoniasis (Blackhead) in turkeys and poultry; against coccidiosis in cows, sheep, and goats; against amoebiasis in different animals.
Our Amprolium WSP is suitable for
- Livestock and chicken
Amprolium WSP: Side effects
- Long-term treatment with high doses can result in delayed growth or polyneuritis (due to reversible thiamine deficiency).
- The development of natural immunity can be delayed.
- May not mix with other drugs such as antibiotics and feed additives.
Dosage and administration
- For oral administration by drinking water.
Poultry: 100 – 150 g per 100 liters of drinking water for 5 to 7 days, followed by 25 g per 100 liters of drinking water for 1 or 2 weeks. Medicated drinking water should be the only source of drinking water during treatment.
Calves, lambs: 3 g per 20 kg of body weight for 1-2 days, followed by 7.5 kg per 1,000 kg of feed for 3 weeks.
Cattle, sheep: 3 g per 20 kg bodyweight for 5 days (via drinking water).
The substance can be used directly when combined with feed. Medicated drinking water can be used within 24 hours of use. If no change is detected after 3 days, assess the symptoms to ascertain the existence of other diseases. Seek the directions of the veterinarian or poultry pathologist.
- Milk: 3 days of milk
- Meat: three days.