LaSota vaccine is a prophylactic regimen prepared using the live attenuated LaSota strain of the Newcastle disease virus, cultured on embryonated SPF eggs, freeze-dried and vacuum-sealed.
- The vaccine contains streptomycin and penicillin as bacteriostatic agents. It also contains fungizone as a fungistatic agent.
- The vaccine has undergone strict potency, safety, and purity tests and meets USDA requirements. Thus, it is safe to use on animals.
- These are small dose LaSota vials available in 100 and 200 doses.
- Administration on healthy chickens for the prevention of Newcastle disease.
- It is recommended for the vaccination of healthy chickens 14 days of age or older by drinking water administration or by aerosol spray.
- Note that spray vaccination is recommended for revaccination only. Revaccination is recommended at four weeks and 16 weeks of age.
Poultry (Chickens, turkeys, pheasants, pigeons).
Dosage and Administration Guide
Directions for Drinking Water Vaccination:
- Do not open and mix the vaccine until ready to vaccinate.
- Remove all medication, sanitisers and disinfectants from the drinking water 72 hours prior to vaccination.
- Provide sufficient waterers so that all of the birds can drink at one time. Clean and rinse the waterers thoroughly.
- Withhold all water from the birds for two (2) to four (4) hours prior to vaccination to stimulate thirst.
- Add nonfat dry milk to the water at the rate of one (1) ounce per gallon before mixing the vaccine.
- Remove the aluminium seal and rubber stopper from a vaccine vial.
- Fill the vaccine vial two-thirds (2/3) full with clean, cool water and mix gently.
- Mix the dissolved vaccine with water as shown below:
|Age of birds||Water per 1,000 doses vaccine|
|2-4 weeks||2.5 gallons (9.9 L)|
|4-8 weeks||5 gallons (18.9 L)|
|8 weeks or older||10 gallons (37.9 L)|
- Distribute the vaccine solution among the waterers. Avoid direct sunlight.
- Do not provide any other drinking water until all of the vaccine mixtures has been consumed.
Spray Aerosol Vaccination:
- Use only for revaccination of healthy chickens two (2) weeks of age or older. Do not use for initial vaccination.
- Use a sprayer delivering an aerosol-like mist to disperse the rehydrated vaccine quickly and evenly throughout a house of chickens.