Bio-Mix Layers Premix plus natural yolk colorant is a brand of the Bio-Mix Layer that contains carotenoids (also called tetraterpenoids) which are organic pigments used to give characteristic colors to carrots, corn, as well as egg yolks.
Yolk Colour as an egg quality attribute
- The importance of the color of egg yolk is vital when judging the quality of eggs. Besides the customary standards of measurement such as shape and weight, firmness of the shell, freshness, structure of egg white and yolk etc. the color of yolk and its year-round constancy are decisive criteria in the maintenance of standardized egg quality.
- This premix is specially formulated by using the DSM Yolk Colour Fan which is widely accepted throughout the food chain as the standard for measuring yolk color on a routine and reliable basis. Each fan blade contains a color that has been measured objectively and can thus be reproduced in the yolk.
- This fan is therefore used to define and subsequently measure the desired yolk color and by formulating the hens’ feed accordingly.
- Taking into account the differences between the various carotenoid sources available, a target yolk color that meets the customer’s requirement can not only be achieved but also reproduced consistently, thus giving the consumer the quality egg desired.
- The preferences expressed by consumers regarding yolk color and egg quality informs the option for feed industries to produce table eggs that reliably and consistently meet their expectations.
- A balanced blend of stabilized and high potency vitamins, minerals and trace elements for laying hens.
- Contains multivitamins including vitamin D3, which regulates calcium absorption and in turn prevents rickets in laying birds.
- Enriched with bioavailable selenium for increased egg production and reduction in mortality throughout the laying cycle of 300 days.
- Adaptable to customer yolk fan color specification and can go up to yolk fan color 15.
|NUTRIENT||UNIT||EACH 2.5KG OF PREMIX CONTAINS|
Recommended inclusion Rate: 2.5kg of premix per ton of feed
Packaging sizes: 2.5kg and 25kg
Storage: Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight and preferably below 250c
Shelf life at 25˚c: 1 year (12months)