GreyBell Watermelon Seeds
GreyBell Watermelon seeds from Conventional seeds is a good fruit setting hybrid watermelon with high sugar content to enjoy maximum satisfaction.
Features of GreyBell Watermelon Seeds
- MATURITY: Early, 80 days
- SHAPE: nearly round.
- SIZE: 25×20 cm.
- WEIGHT: 7 kg.
- RIND: light grey-green with darker veins.
- FLESH: Dark Pink
- SEED SIZE: medium size, brown.
Health benefit of GreyBell Watermelon Seeds
- Prevents dehydration because it contains a high percentage of water.
- Prevent cancer because the compounds in watermelon which include cucurbitacin E and lycopene, have been studied for their potential.
- Increases the heart efficiency because of the several heart-healthy components which include lycopene, citrulline and other vitamins it possesses.
- Prevents Inflammation which is linked to many chronic diseases because Lycopene and vitamin C are anti-inflammatory antioxidants present in it.
- Lycopene help keep the eyes healthy and protect against age-related macular degeneration (AMD) because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Watermelon juice has some potential as a recovery beverage after exercise. Citrulline is partially responsible for its effect of easing muscle soreness.
- Several nutrients in watermelon are good for your hair and skin. Some help keep skin supple while others protect against sunburn.
- It Aids digestion and prevents constipation because of the fibre in it.
How to plant GreyBell Watermelon Seeds
- It is a space hog; vines can reach 20 feet in length, so plant where there is plenty of open ground.
- Amend soil with organic matter such as compost or cow manure. Add a balanced fertilizer that is high in nitrogen.
- Sow 8 to 10 watermelon seeds in a ridge, and push seeds 1 inch into the soil.
- Space ridge 3 to 4 feet apart, with at least 8 feet between rows. Thin plants to the 3 best in each ridge.
- Keep soil free of weeds by shallow hoeing or with a layer of mulch.
- It has moderately deep roots and watering is seldom necessary unless the weather turns dry for a prolonged period.
- When vines begin to ramble, side-dress plants with half a cup of balanced fertilizer (5-10-5). The third application of fertilizer should be made when melons are set.
- Withhold water as melons start to mature to intensify sweetness.