Evergreen Pepper hybrid pepper is an ideal variety for your farm. It produces blocky fruits at maturity. The fruits have thick walls and excellent quality. Commandant is suitable for greenhouse and open field production.
Characteristics of Evergreen Pepper
- Colour: Green
- Yield: 25-30 tonnes per acre open field and 50-60 tonnes in the greenhouse
- Size: 220gm
- Shape: Blocky square
- Shelf life: 21 days
- Plant type: Indeterminate
- Plant vigour: Medium-strong
- Maturity: 90 days after transplanting
Nursey and Planting Requirements
- Start pepper seed indoors 7 to 10 weeks before the date you intend to set seedlings into the garden.
- Sow 3 to 4 seeds to a pot or across flats.
- Sow seed ¼ to ½ inch (7-13 mm) deep.
- Keep the seed starting mix just moist until seedlings emerge.
- Water to keep the seed starting to mix from drying.
- Transplant peppers into the garden 2 to 3 weeks after.
- Young peppers transplanted should be 4 to 6 inches (10-15cm) tall.
- Plants started indoors should be acclimatized to outdoor temperatures before transplants. Set plants outdoors for a few hours each day before transplanting them to the garden.
- Grow peppers in full sun. Peppers should get 8 hours of sun each day.
- Plant peppers in soil rich in organic matter. Work aged garden compost or commercial organic planting mix into beds prior to planting.
- The soil should be moisture-retentive but well-draining. Slightly sandy or loamy soil is best.
- Peppers prefer a soil pH of 5.5 to 6.8.
- Avoid planting peppers where another nightshade (Solanaceae) family crop has grown recently—tomatoes, potatoes, and eggplants. These crops can be attacked by the same pests and diseases.
Harvesting and storage
Use pruning shears or a sharp knife to cut peppers from the plants, leaving a short stub of stem attached. Pulling peppers by hand can cause entire branches to break off. Rinse harvested peppers with water, pat them dry, and then store them in your refrigerator. Extras can be dried, frozen, or pickled.
Place your order for your Evergreen Pepper today. We deliver nationwide
There are no reviews yet.