Prima Top Cucumber is a dependable choice for open field and protected planting. Prima Top’s plant has a high continuance, strong vigour, and medium internodes with 1-2 fruits per node. The plant has predominantly female flowers and no pruning is needed. The fruits are dark green with spined skin. Mostly, cucumber as vegetables can be eaten fresh or prepared as part of the food. Fresh cucumber contains about 90% water and is rich in vitamins, carbohydrates, and minerals.
Features of Prima top cucumber
- For open field and protected
- For spring, summer, and autumn.
- Very early maturity.
- Fruit length 20-22cm.
Most cultivars of cucumber are very prone to disease. Fortunately, Prima Top Cucumber is a hybrid variety has high resistance to common cucumber diseases like:
- Cucumber Mosaic Virus (CMV).
- Scab (Ccu)
Specifications of Prima Top Cucumber
- Variety: Hybrid: F1
- Type: Slicing
- Cultivation: Open Field, Protected
- Season: Spring, Summer, Autumn
- Maturity: Extra Early
- Plant vigour: Strong
- Continuance: Good
- Internode Length: Medium
- Fruits Per Node: 1-2
- Sex Expression: Predominantly Female Fruit
- Length: 202-22cm
- Shape: Cylindrical Medium
- Colour: Dark Green
- Skin: Spined
Cultivation and Requirements
- The seeds should be planted deep in a fertile soil
- Loamy or sandy soil is suitable for the cultivation
- The soil should be well-drained
- The soil PH should be acidic or neutral
- Adequate sunlight should be allowed to reach the plants.
- promotes hydration
- Cucumber helps to lower body sugar
- Very easy to add to your diet
- Regular consumption can aid in weight loss
- Eating Top’s cucumber supports regular bowel movement