Star Force Herbicide
Star force herbicide is a selective systemic post-emergence herbicide to control the grasses in broadleaf crops such as cowpeas, beans, vegetables, groundnuts, yam, and cassava.
Active Ingredient: Fluazifop-P-butyl 150 g/L EC
Fluazifop-p-butyl is a selective post-emergence phenoxy herbicide used for control of most annual and perennial grass weeds in cotton, soybeans, stone fruits, asparagus, coffee, and others. Fluazifop-p-butyl is of relatively low toxicity to mammals, but can be an irritant (eye, skin, respiratory passages, and skin sensitizer), and is toxic if inhaled.
Using Agrochemicals on Farms
Many farmers choose to use chemicals to keep weeds and pests from destroying their crops and to add more nutrients to the soil. There are three different kinds of pesticides; herbicides, insecticides and fungicides. All three of these pesticides are used to kill different kinds of pests that can be found on a farm. Farmers that make the decision not to use any chemicals are called organic farmers.
Preventive Caution when handling the Herbicide
- Read the label thoroughly!
- Be familiar with all precautions.
- Be familiar with First Aid information.
- Put on the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- To remove pesticide residues, use a bucket to thoroughly rinse tools or equipment that you used when mixing the pesticide. Pour the rinse water into the pesticide sprayer and dispose of it by applying it to a labelled site.
- Wash non-absorbent gloves and rubber boots thoroughly with hot soapy water.
- To prevent exposure to the hands, wash your gloves before removing them.
- To prevent tracking pesticides inside, remove and/or rinse your boots or shoes before entering your home.
- Wash any parts of your body that may have come in contact with the pesticide